We are a down-to-earth bunch of payment nerds building a platform that aims to increase the number of fintechs launched annually. Our team comprises a raft of backgrounds and talents, and our company values guide everything we do.
Baran enjoys building products that matter. "If you don’t keep users front of mind during software development, chances are you are not building the products that solve the problems and needs of your users."
Baran joined IF earlier this year and has brought a wealth of multi-sector software engineering experience. Outside work, Baran is an avid Arsenal fan with a passion for sports, fitness and well-being.
What made you join Integrated Finance?
In my opinion, we no longer conceive of life without technology.
When technology is wisely selected and applied to address needs that are not being met, it can become the catalyst for social change. As a Software Engineer, I’m particularly passionate about developing products that give power and a voice to people within our local communities and beyond.
I joined Integrated Finance because its vision of making Fintech infrastructure available to everyone fitted my own passion, and I was interested in working in Fintech. I also believe that the most essential aspect of life is the efficient use of time as it is unrecoverable. Therefore, enabling Fintechs to get their products to market fast is one of my favourite aspects of the IF product offering.
Favourite 3 things about working at Integrated Finance?
- Growing with IF - we operate in a fast-paced environment, and you can rapidly make a powerful and meaningful impact.
- Quoting Michael Jordan; “…Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” I feel fortunate to work with many friendly, intelligent, talented teammates at IF.
- Innovation and proactivity - customer feedback is the bedrock of all product and feature development at IF. This approach accelerates the overall innovation shaping the Financial Services sector. I feel honoured to take part in the innovation journey within our industry.
Describe a typical day in the life of a Software Engineer in the Technology Team
My day usually starts with our rapid-fire, stand-up team meeting to coordinate efforts, share progress, identify blockers and carve out daily outcomes. This is followed by a meticulous time-management exercise, organising my day to allow me to deliver accordingly. The rest of the day is dedicated to executing a series of designs and coding activities.
Lastly, collaborating with the Product team and other developers is part of the gig and an essential component of my daily activities. However, remaining agile is critical, and daily activities are subject to change when required.
Name 3 things you can’t imagine living without
- The Internet - it’s probably the greatest invention of all time.
- Running - Istanbul offers incredible natural beauty. The best spot for running is the Bosphorus - a breathtaking strait forming part of the continental boundary between Asia and Europe. Running, for me, is a lifestyle choice; it is simply more than just a habit. It keeps me focused, fit and healthy.
- Sports - I love sports. Watching sports, playing sports, you name it - I'm there. I cannot imagine a life without it.
What always makes you laugh without fail?
The Office! My favourite character is the legendary Michael Scott - Also Known As - World’s Best Boss and the Manager of Dunder Mifflin Paper Company 🤣🤣🤣
What’s your favourite holiday destination?
The Big Apple, New York City.
NY was the first city I visited abroad, and ever since that very first visit, I've become a massive fan. Its impressive buildings, famous landmarks, 24/7 attractions and unique energy ensure anyone who visits it can never forget it.